- 1 Defining "Management Science"
- 2 Management Science and Decision-Making
- 3 Management Science and Operational Research
- 4 Management Science and Enterprise Engineering
- 5 Frameworks, Methodologies, Methods and Techniques of Management Science
- 5.1 Foundational Mathematical Methods and Techniques
- 5.2 Operations Planning and Operational Research Methods and Techniques
- 5.3 Decision-Making, Risk and Uncertainty
- 6 Navigation
Defining "Management Science"
In STREAMS Management Science is a discipline, together with its content, for a community that shares the belief that the methods, techniques and approaches of Science (or Engineering) can and should be applied to the management of enterprises; including their development. Historically Management Science was closely associated with Operational Research and can be traced back to the work of C. West Churchman